The Board of Adjustment, upon application and after public hearing may grant the following Special Exceptions:
- Antennas and antenna supporting structures
- Change of a nonconforming use
- Modification of a screening requirement
- Modification of front yard requirements
- Modification of height restrictions
- Modification of the parking and loading requirements
- Modification of permitted yard obstructions
- Modification of requirements
- Permit residential accessory uses and structures on abutting residentially-zoned lots which are under common ownership
- Reduction of the number of required off-street parking spaces on a lot or may allow the required off-street parking on a lot other than the lot which contains an adult entertainment establishment or dance hall
- Restoration of a partially destroyed nonconforming structure
- Restoration of a partially destroyed structure containing a nonconforming use
- Special Exception uses as designated and regulated within the permitted principal use provisions, accessory use provisions, or Use Unit provisions of the Zoning District
Special Exception Requests A request for a Special Exception must be made by filing an application with the Planning & Development Office. The request will then be set for public hearing.
The board shall hold the public hearing. The concurring vote of 3 members is necessary to grant a Special Exception.
A Special Exception that has not been utilized within 1 year from the date it was approved by the board will thereafter be void, unless the board has extended the time for utilization. Utilization means actual use or issuance of a Building Permit, when applicable, provided construction is diligently carried to completion.