The Will Rogers Library is constantly monitoring the progression of the Coronavirus COVID-19. This page will continue to be updated as information about COVID-19 is rapidly changing. For the most up-to-date information, please visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
The Library will be restoring some services in a limited fashion during Stage 2 of the Governor’s Open Up and Recover Safely (OURS) Plan. We know many are eager to return to a sense of normalcy, and we fully appreciate how important library services are to our community.
Decisions on how to go about returning safely and effectively are not easy, as a large percentage of our patrons fall into the ’vulnerable’ category. The safety of all of our patrons and staff is our primary priority. Therefore we will be taking things slowly and adding services as we know it is safe to do so.
On May 15th, while the common areas of the library will remain closed to public access, we will begin offering “No-Contact Checkout” as follows:
- Patrons may place holds beginning May 15th through the library catalog, by email at WRLibrary@claremorecity.com, or by calling the library at 918-341-1564 to request items for checkout. (Not sure what to request? We can offer suggestions!)
- Patrons will be limited to 10 items per card. Only books, audiobooks and DVDs will currently be available.
- Once your request is received, Library staff will bag items and contact you to schedule a time for pickup. Only pre-scheduled pickups will be available.Pick-up times will be M-F 9:30 am – 5:30 pm.
- Please allow up to 48 hours for your request to be filled. We will do our best to fill your request as quickly as possible; speed will depend on demand.
- When your pickup time is scheduled, you will be given a 15-minute window. If you do not make your scheduled window time, you will need to reschedule.
- When you arrive at the library, please call us from your car. (If you do not have a cell phone, just pull up in front of the doors during your 15 minute time slot, we can watch for you!) Your bagged items will be placed on a table in our lobby and you will be asked to come to the door.
- Have your photo ID or Library Card ready to show through the glass of the inner door, which will be closed initially. Once we verify your identity, we will open the inner door and you may take your bag. If you would like someone else to pick up your items, please give us their name and let them know they will need to show an ID as well.
- We request that you wear a mask or face covering during this process if possible, out of awareness for our vulnerable patrons and staff.
Please understand this schedule allows us to minimize contact and sanitize the table in between patrons. Walk-up and inside services cannot be accommodated at this time.
- Overdue fines will be reinstated on May 15th. Fine payments will be accepted; please contact the staff to find out how to pay. The method will depend on the amount owed.
- Items should be returned to the Book Drop, NOT to the pick-up table.
- Patron computers are not available, however Wi-Fi remains accessible 24/7 from our parking lot. Please remain in your cars while using Wi-Fi.
- Only item lending will be available. Copying, Fax and Printing services will not be available during this phase.
- All returned books will be quarantined for 72 hours before recirculating. Please do not “wash” or “wipe” Library material with water or disinfectant wipes as this may cause damage. Patrons are responsible for replacement cost to damaged Library material.
- We will be offering a Summer Reading Program! More information on that will be posted soon.
- We are not accepting book or magazine donations at this time.
We will continue to provide access to E-cards, and are ready to assist you by phone with any of our digital services such as e-books and e-audiobooks, streaming movies and TV shows, digital magazines, and more.
Thank you for your understanding!