Phase 3 Re-opening
Updated to take effect Monday, July 27th:
Per City of Claremore guidelines, we are implementing the following:
Our adjusted hours are as follows: Monday - Thursday 9:30 am – 6 pm, and Friday -Saturday 9:30 am to 5 pm.
Things to know:
- Proper masks/face coverings are REQUIRED for those over 2 years old to enter and use the library. If you can do not have a proper (i.e. cloth or surgical) mask, we can provide one for you. If you can not wear a mask, our lobby pickup service is available. Please note some face coverings, such as crochet, gaiters, holding your shirt up, etc. are not effective and thus not acceptable. In these cases we will ask you to use one of our free surgical masks.
- Occupancy is limited to 10 people in the building, not including computer users (see below for computer use). We will increase this amount as we find we are able to manage social distancing requirements.
- Due to the limitations for public occupancy, we ask that you are mindful of others who may be waiting to enter the library. Visits will be limited to 30 minutes maximum. Please plan on completing your visit as quickly as possible; please do not linger. Evidence shows that remaining in an enclosed public space for a prolonged period of time with others who may be infected increases the risk of contracting the virus, even with physical distancing and masks, so short visits are encouraged.
- Lobby service continues. If you prefer, you may continue to place your requests via hold, by phone at 918-341-1564, or email at WRLibrary@claremorecity.com. We will be happy to bag them for you and schedule a time for you to pick them up in our lobby. Please allow up to 48 hours for us to fill your requests. (Not sure what to request? We can offer suggestions!) Call for more details.
- Patrons are limited to 10 items per card.
- Parents must keep children with them at all times.
- Please continue to return books to the drive through book drop rather than bringing them inside.
- All returned books will continue to be held in quarantine for 72 hours before they will be available for checkout. They will be ‘back-dated’ to ensure they are checked in on the day they are returned.
- Computers are available by appointment only, to allow for sanitizing between uses. Please be advised we will not be able to offer computer assistance at this time. If you are not familiar with computer / Internet use, please bring someone with you who can assist you. Due to spacing, only two persons will be allowed per computer.
- Children under 18 will not be allowed to reserve the computers. An adult may reserve computer use for a child, however the adult will need to remain with the child at the computer for the duration of use.
- WiFi is always available in the parking lot, 24/7. Patrons must remain in your car while using Wi-Fi.
- We will not be checking out headphones at this time, as they are not easily sanitized. Please bring your own headphones for computer use if needed.
- If you are feeling at all ill, have cold, flu or COVID-19 symptoms, or have been running a fever at any point in the last 72 hours, please do not come to the library. If you are exhibiting any obvious COVID-19 symptoms you may be asked to leave per our Health and Safety Policy. We look forward to seeing you when you feel better!
- Tutoring services, teaching sessions, consultations, etc. are not possible in the library at this time due to occupancy limits.
- We are not accepting book or magazine donations at this time.
- Please be aware that while we are making every effort to intensify our cleaning practices, the library has many “multi-touch” points of contact. We can not guarantee items, surfaces or spaces are safe. Please continue to be mindful of your personal practices, and wash your hands!
- Please do not “wash” or “wipe” Library material with water or disinfectant wipes as this may cause damage. Please do not attempt to heat your books to kill the virus. Patrons are responsible for replacement cost to damaged Library material.
- Some areas will remain off limits, including the study room, Little Learners area, and Multipurpose room. Programs that normally would have taken place in the Multipurpose Room will remain cancelled for the foreseeable future.
We appreciate your patience as we move back to restoring services as much as possible during this difficult time. We fully appreciate how important library services are to our community. Decisions on how to go about returning safely and effectively are not easy, as a large percentage of our patrons fall into the ’vulnerable’ category. The safety of all of our patrons and staff is our primary priority. Therefore we will be taking things slowly and adding services as we know it is safe to do so.